not enough leds, but can it still work?

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bikefreak

not enough leds, but can it still work?

Post by bikefreak »

If you have only 50 leds, meaning you are 10 leds short, can you still get it to work? If I put 30 leds on one side and 20 on the other would there be any problems, aside from the missing chunk? I just want to see how it looks like from one side.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

it will work fine

kayrock66

Re: not enough leds, but can it still work?

Post by kayrock66 »

Absolutely. I rode around for a week with with half the LEDs installed and just poking them into the holes, no solder. Every couple of minutes "TING!" there goes another one flying out. I was waiting for my new leds but still wanted to make the lights go by using the ones delivered in the kit.
bikefreak wrote:If you have only 50 leds, meaning you are 10 leds short, can you still get it to work? If I put 30 leds on one side and 20 on the other would there be any problems, aside from the missing chunk? I just want to see how it looks like from one side.

bikefreak

Post by bikefreak »

Thanks for the replies guys. That's nice to know. Should the flat bottom of the led bulb be sitting on the PCB board when you solder it in or should you leave a little space? Or does it really not matter?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

flat

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”