cant connect

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shmolky

Post by shmolky »

I have an extremely similar problem to those people in this thread, but i can't seem to manage a workable solution. For some reason i can't connect to the spokepov, instead i get the message, "Failed to communicate with SpokePOV! You may want to try increasing the communications delay"

Windows recognizes the dongle (correct drivers installed).
On my usb dongle, the usb active light goes on when i plug it in.
When i plug in the spokepov to the dongle, the activity light goes on.
Changing the com delay stepping from 4000 to 12000 by 1000 doesn't change any result.

I've checked my soldering job and tried to clean anything up that looked skeptical. I also checked all the polarized pieces... caps, leds, ics, diodes all look good. I also went through on the underside of the pcb and checked for continuity between most of the points. The only thing i did that i know is blatantly wrong was i switched the LEDs (but in this case it shouldn't really affect the circuit right?).

For a while when i ran the test i wasn't getting the appropriate voltages, but then (and i'm not sure what i did that fixed it, i just noticed at one point it was working right) i got correct voltages and seem to still be.

I think that covers everything obvious. If i should post clear pictures let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

are you running the spokepov driver?
do you have batteries in the spokepov? (but no jumper on the usbtiny)
do you hard reset before connecting?

shmolky

Post by shmolky »

i apologize if i'm creating new threads... for some reason i can't seem to reply in a thread correctly (or did you create a new one :p).

yes i'm running the driver, or at least i think i am. I plug in the dongle, windows gives me that install new driver wizard, i point it to the folder containing the drivers and it tells me congrats, you've successfully installed spokepov... though sometimes i have to install the drivers again.

when i've tried to connect via the spokepov program, i've checked in the device manager to make sure windows sees it.

i do have batteries in the spokepov with the jumper off (that is the correct way right?). i've tried it all three ways though (the above, jumper on, no bats, jumper on + bats) just to test it.

I think i'm doing a hard reset before connecting. I take out a battery, put it back in, plug in the dongle, though i also tried taking out the battery, plug in the dongle, put in the battery.

Any other things i should try? or should i just post pics (or would that even be helpful)?

shmolky

Post by shmolky »

i guess just like every other problem... mine seems to have been solved by going through and making sure all connections were damn solid. i'm good.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”