Weird POV issue

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bikefreak

Weird POV issue

Post by bikefreak »

Everything has been working fine up till now for one of my pov bars. I have all the 4 banks filled with images but instead of giving me images, it gives me nothing but a little area of green when the bar is spun on the wheel. I made sure that all the banks were filled up. The sensor works fine. The magnet is close enough to the sensor. The spoke pov just isn't reading the images properly for some reason. I don't know what the source of the problem is.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

did it work before and suddenly its not working at all?

bikefreak

Post by bikefreak »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it worked before. This is the first time. When the problem popped up I refilled the banks. Once they were filled up I swiped the magent across the sensor, with the USB still connected, and the problem disappeared.

But once I cut off the USB connection and swiped the magnet I could tell that whatever was blinking was not an image. Either way, I tried to make it work again with the USB connected and the problem reappeared.

Maybe this bad story indicates something I'm not aware of.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

could be your batteries are too low
you could try swapping the eeprom and microcontroller chips with a working spokepov to try and narrow down the problem

bikefreak

Post by bikefreak »

Thanks for the suggestion. Everything works fine now. All I had to do was take off the memory chip and put it back on. Must have been some sort of hiccup with the connection between the memory chip and its socket.

bikefreak

Post by bikefreak »

bikefreak wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Everything works fine now. All I had to do was take off the memory chip and put it back on. Must have been some sort of hiccup with the connection between the memory chip and its socket.
It turns out that the problem was solved for only a few seconds. The problem still remains. I tried several different memory and microcontroller chips, and the problem is the same. However, this time I can get it to work consistently, but only when its connected to the USB. Batteries are full.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”