Laser Engraving domains?

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cognition

Laser Engraving domains?

Post by cognition »

It looks like techtats.com, techtats.net and techtats.org are up for sale on sedo.com. I've seen a lot of variations on that name but that one's short and sweet. I was kind of kicking around the idea of making an offer for it, the .com would make a great site for a laser engraving business and the other domains I could do a forum and photo gallery on.

How did you guys come up with your domain names?

I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I found a great deal on a couple months old Epilog laser that I might pick up. I live by a university, was thinking of looking into some retail space around campus.

LaserGregg

Re: Laser Engraving domains?

Post by LaserGregg »

dude you should totally do it. like today. we need you.
go for it. and have a great CO2 day. I am. Lasers Rock. Art Rocks. Spring is back in NY today ......... go burn something. I am.
Attachments
Design Tech DT-40  42" BANNED screen cover Laser Etched by Optical Etching.
Design Tech DT-40 42" BANNED screen cover Laser Etched by Optical Etching.
DSC_0032.jpg (502.77 KiB) Viewed 5612 times

westfw

Post by westfw »

With all the domain name "squatting" that has gone on, it is interesting to note that the really successful companies don't seem to be the ones with "relevant" domain names. Google.com and yahoo.com have both blown away "search.com", for example...

LaserGregg

Post by LaserGregg »

are you planning on actually etching?
Attachments
our new president.
our new president.
DSCN0518.JPG (408.6 KiB) Viewed 5600 times

cognition

Post by cognition »

LaserGregg wrote:are you planning on actually etching?
Yeah, I'm looking at retail space near the university here. I have a line on a cheap Epilog laser that's only a couple months old.

karlgg

Post by karlgg »

Honestly, you're probably better off making up your own name(s), unless those sell for REAL cheap. The data on your website and links you acquire from people pointing at you are what drive searches... And anybody that knows who you are (such as people visiting the retail location, or viewing ads) will go to the name regardless of what it is. If you already had the name in use, it might make some sense, but since this is a new venture... Just pick a new (and your own) name.

Although, making something easy to type and/or read is also a good idea to keep in mind.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”