Rights of artwork or photo used in laser reproduction

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EzRidr62

Rights of artwork or photo used in laser reproduction

Post by EzRidr62 »

Greetings, all

I have found the info all of you have posted very informative to someone who is researching the idea of starting laser engraving/cutting. My wife and I have lots of ideas surrounding the possible use of this tool, but first and foremost, she is concerned about the legal implications of using pics or images other than personal photographs that clients might bring in themselves. Is there a rule of thumb in the graphics images world that artists such as yourself use to determine the legitamacy of the images' use before committing it to a substrate? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance,

Joe
(Ez)

adafruit

Re: Rights of artwork or photo used in laser reproduction

Post by adafruit »

EzRidr62 wrote:Greetings, all - I have found the info all of you have posted very informative to someone who is researching the idea of starting laser engraving/cutting. My wife and I have lots of ideas surrounding the possible use of this tool, but first and foremost, she is concerned about the legal implications of using pics or images other than personal photographs that clients might bring in themselves. Is there a rule of thumb in the graphics images world that artists such as yourself use to determine the legitamacy of the images' use before committing it to a substrate? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance, Joe (Ez)
hi joe - we're not lawyers so cannot give any advice for something in the "legal" arena - if your wife is concerned with that issue, there are many resources online about copyright, fair use, etc. there are also many lawyers that would likely love to talk about this too :)

cheers,
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”