A different type of laser

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Joemc04

A different type of laser

Post by Joemc04 »

I have a C02 Laser that i have succesfuly etched a few things with, but i am having a hard time because it is a little different than the ones i see all over the internet. It accepts NC code, and im not sure what the epilog accepts, and information on software everyone uses would be great. All i have been able to use is Autocad and Fabriwin or write the Gcode by hand.

The laser i use does not print Dots. Basicly it does what you tell it to. You can move the head with up to .0001 inch of accuracy and open and shut the shutter. so i am working on a program to imitate how your lasers work.

What i have is a Mazak Superturbo -x510 Mk II. It is 2500 watts and can use Oxygen or Nitrogen as an assist gas. I can adjust Power, Frequency, Duty(which is pulse), Assist gas type and pressure, Gap, Feed Rate(laser on), and rapid rate(laser off)

The main question i have is, how fast is , 100% speed (on your laser) in inches per minute. That would REALLY help. or is the laser always off when it moves. im confused on how your lasers work. Hope someone knows! thanks in advance for bothering to read or reply.

Joe McGrath
[email protected]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”