Lasering near campus

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
niksun

Lasering near campus

Post by niksun »

Sounds to me that someone located near a university campus who can laser would probably get a lot of business. My students have all the latest gadgets (iPods, laptops the size of a Hallmark card, etc), and they're all wanting to "personalize" them.

Makes me think: maybe we already have something "laser" that's used for more scrupulous purposes on campus. I found some cool PCB manufacturing equipment on campus recently. We even have labs that can manufacture microcontrollers from scratch, 3D printers that the students use to realize a functional, tangible prototype of their aquarium pump designs, etc.

This is why I love the university setting!

karlgg

Re: Lasering near campus

Post by karlgg »

As was bemoaned somewhere else on this board, there's usually a huge roadblock for anybody outside of the classes allowed to use those facilities. If you talk to whoever is in charge, (and they're not a jerk, and the equipment isn't constantly busy) it's possible to worm your way in... But for the most part, not probable.

Bureaucracy at its finest!

EMBLAZER

Re: Lasering near campus

Post by EMBLAZER »

My next big marketing push is going to be toward university students. I'm in the St. Louis area and have access to a lot of big college campuses. Currently I've been focusing on customizing BANNED party gifts, glasses and champagne bottles. I've also had many folks in law enforcement express interest in having badges, badge numbers, names and other personalization lasered onto their BANNED and gear.

Roland Kramer
Owner
EMBLAZER Laser Etching Studio
http://www.emblazer.net

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”