I bought the 2700mAh battery some time ago, and it's working fine. The other day, I took it on a boat ride to power a GPS-logger (with the Adafruit Ultimate GPS, of course); my Diavolino, an Adafruit Data logging shield and the GPS module were sealed with the battery inside a ziplock bag taped to the deck; and while the contents was dry when we got back to shore, there is a smell of chemicals from the bag, and the battery looks like it's taken a bit of a beating.
As you can see in the pictures, there's a scuff mark and a number of small pock-marks; but there's no bulging or anything. It still seems to supply power just fine, and the rest of the project parts seem to work too, so everything looks OK as far as that's concerned.
My thoughts are on the battery - do you think it's still safe to use, or should I dispose of it responsibly and get a replacement? I don't want anything to blow up in my face... Your thoughts are highly appreciated.