Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Multimeter Broken
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Multimeter Broken

by Aikifuku on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello,

I believe this is the correct place to ask this question. If not please redirect me and apologies in advance. :-)

I just received adafruit's beginner's electronics package. Super happy with it and had a lot of fun learning how to solder the protoshield together on the Arduino package I also just received. However, the MASTECH (MAS830) multimeter that was sent now continuously buzzes when using the continuity test setting. It was not doing this yesterday so I believe it is broken, it used to only buzz when the circuit was completed like it is supposed to. I have not dropped it or anything and it is only a week old. Is there a way to get it replaced through Adafruit?

Thanks in advance!
Aikifuku

Re: Multimeter Broken

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 am

So it buzzes as soon as you turn the dial to the continuity test? Even with the leads unplugged?

adafruit_support_bill

by Aikifuku on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 pm

That is correct. With the jumpers disconnected the meter buzzes and will not stop as soon as it is turned to the continuity test setting. Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks for the reply.
Aikifuku

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 am

Contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread for a replacement.

adafruit_support_bill