Mini Thermal Printer Issue

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Mini Thermal Printer Issue

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

@jbarrera - Yes. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

bigx

Post by bigx »

Hello,

I've got troubles too with the printer, about the quality of the printing, see the pics below (I let it big so you can see):

The qr code is messed up, the printing is blurry and sometimes barcodes are not printed well.
Any idea on what could be the origin of this behaviour?

FIY, I run the example with an Arduino Leonardo and a lab power supply (7v 2.5A max). And the test print works ok, and baudrate is ok.

Best regards,

Xavier

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Try using the setTimes() function to throttle the data rate back slightly, something like:

Code: Select all

printer.setTimes(40000, 2500);
Every printer and power supply combo is a little different, so it's sometimes necessary to tweak these values to avoid overflowing the printer's buffer. The defaults are 30000 and 2100...I'd suggest trying 40000 and 2500 (as above), see if that improves things. You can increase the values further if the problem persists.

etrangeordinaire

Post by etrangeordinaire »

I bought a thermal printer on Tuesday 09 December, 2014 and I have exactly the same problem: CP437! I sent an email directly to [email protected] too? ...

bigx

Post by bigx »

My problem was a power issue, 9V 3A did the trick

I also created a node.js library to control the thermal printer : https://github.com/xseignard/thermalPrinter

kelu124

Post by kelu124 »

Hey there,

I wanted to follow-up with you because a mini thermal printer (Ref 2751) does not deliver as expected.

For instance, holding the button pressed on power-up does make the paper roll advance, but it is printed in white - be it connected or not through the USB plug.
Moreover, printing over USB (ttyUSBx) does the same thing: the roll advances, but nothing is printed. I have tried several things, like changing the heating time (last point of https://learn.adafruit.com/pi-thermal-p ... leshooting ) but nothing changes.

I have tried similarly the calibrate.py file from https://github.com/adafruit/Python-Thermal-Printer but nothing changes: getting a white paper.

Power is a 5V-2A AC adapter, I have tried 2 others, from different brands, but still I can't get the printer to actually print.

Could you kindly let me know what I should do?

Many thanks

Luc

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number. The folks there will get you a replacement, and may arrange return shipping for the one you have now.

kelu124

Post by kelu124 »

Superb, thanks !

paul__

Post by paul__ »

If you run into this issue (printer only printing "CP437"), in my case, it was not a printer issue, it was a power supply issue. The starter pack come with a 5V power supply, I used another one, and it worked.

Emmanuel_Mery

Post by Emmanuel_Mery »

Hi ,

I received my Nano Thermal receipt printer - TTL serial and plug it to my raspberry pi.
however it'sonly printing cp437.

In case you need it my invoice number is 1140552.
Can you please advice me on what I should do to have it printing something else than cp437 ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”