Trouble with Ultimate GPS Breakout built-in logging features
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Trouble with Ultimate GPS Breakout built-in logging features

by inceptoraedificator on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey Adafruit,
I am currently trying to access the built-in data logging features with the GPS Breakout board, yet I keep getting the same "No response :(" message when I start up the Serial monitor. Now, I'm pretty new to tinkering, and extremely new with using the Ultimate GPS Breakout (just started about 2 weeks ago), so I'm hoping that this is just a simple, newbie mistake I have made. I have followed the tutorial that you have posted and have been able to both receive data from the chip and parse it. I haven't made any changes to the "locus_start" program. I've made sure that all of my cables are connected to the correct pins and even tried dumping my non-existant data to see if it might be logging and just not recognizing it (which, as expected, was not the case). I've tested the USB connection and changing out cables, but I continue to in the Serial monitor that it tries to start logging, gets no response, and then procedes to spit out all of the data it should be storing. If you guys could help me out, that would be great!
inceptoraedificator

Re: Trouble with Ultimate GPS Breakout built-in logging features

by adafruit on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

try wiring it up for "direct" connection, does that work?

you might also want to try the GPStool, if you have a windows computer
adafruit