Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

ATMega 32u4 Breakboard not responsive
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

ATMega 32u4 Breakboard not responsive

by fraguada on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello Adafruit Support,
I recently received some ordered items. Among them, an Atmega 32u4 breakout board. In order to get started with the board I followed the LEDBeltKit tutorial, since I am working on something similar. I get to the page where we are to hook up the board, so I do, and I get no LED activity.

Then plug a mini-B cable into the board and you should see the LED light up on it and you'll be asked to install the driver.

I see no LED light up, and my machine does not ask me to install a driver. I have tried two cables, and still no LED activity. The cables are working fine with USB hard drives and other peripherals.

My setup is a Macbook Pro 13" running Windows 7 x64. I've also tried in OSX.

Is there anything I can do to continue testing if the board works? I did post on another thread where someone was having an issue with the board, but my issue is a bit different, since I get no LED activity.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Luis
fraguada

Re: ATMega 32u4 Breakboard not responsive

by adafruit_support_rick on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Does anything happen if you press the reset button on the 32U4 breakout board?

adafruit_support_rick

by fraguada on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

While the board is connected via usb to the computer, pressing the reset button has no effect on the non operation of the board. No Leds, nada!

Anything else I can try?
fraguada

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Sorry about that. To arrange for a replacement, please contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your original order number

adafruit_support_rick