Drawdio replacement speaker?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
crumpet

Drawdio replacement speaker?

Post by crumpet »

Hi,

Would it be possible to order a replacement Kobitone speaker for the Drawdio kit or somehow recover from a missing soldering tab? My daughter had problems soldering it and the soldering tab fell off. I some kind of resin or plastic where the soldering tab was, but I can't get solder to stick to it. I also think the speaker wire also came off because I can't see a wire. Is it embedded in the resin? Could I attach some of the copper tape from the kit to the resin and then solder the wire from the PCB to the copper tape?

Thanks!

P.S. My order number is 219407.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Drawdio replacement speaker?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Can you post a photo of the speaker where the tab is missing? There may be a quick fix - otherwise we'll get you a replacement.

crumpet

Post by crumpet »

Hi,

You guys are great!

I attached a photo of the speaker and the piece of copper that came off. In today's light, I see a thin black line near the edge of the resin(?) and towards the center of the speaker.
Attachments
P1010555.gif
P1010555.gif (425.66 KiB) Viewed 509 times

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The wires on those speakers are extremely fine and are covered by that black blob of epoxy. It would be a very difficult repair.

We do not have the speakers packaged separately from the kits, but if you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread we can send a replacement Drawdio Kit for your daughter.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”