Defective Waterproof DC Power Cable?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
b34npour

Defective Waterproof DC Power Cable?

Post by b34npour »

I bought a Waterproof DC Power Cable Set - 5.5/2.1mm (http://www.adafruit.com/products/743) to use with the White LED strip and 8xAA battery pack as a light. It worked great for a while as a solid connection between the two, but over the course of the second week I had it, the power started cutting in and out whenever the cable was moved. I figured it must be the connections at the battery pack or the LED strip at first, but after thorough testing I found that the wires inside the female side of the plug must be coming apart inside the housing. Now power only gets through if you hold the cable at exactly the right position, which renders the light unusable.

Has anyone else had this problem? None of the cables in my set up had any excessive movement or weight pulling on them. Adafruit, do you have a higher quality power connector you can recommend?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Defective Waterproof DC Power Cable?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We haven't had any reports of problems with these. Sounds like yours probably has a bad solder joint inside the connector. If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread we can arrange a replacement for you.

b34npour

Re: Defective Waterproof DC Power Cable?

Post by b34npour »

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the reply!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”