USB Microscope on Mac 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
edworld

USB Microscope on Mac 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Post by edworld »

The OS does not recognize the USB Microscope.
The light is ON but there is no image.
Tried everything I could find to fix it but couldn't.

I need help to make it work or to return it.

Thanks!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: USB Microscope on Mac 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Have you tried it on a different USB port and/or a different computer?

magliulo

Post by magliulo »

...this is a bit of a maze but perhaps a little amusing as well. So, today I see the mini driver disk which will not operate in macbook pros disk player - no tray... no problem, upstairs the legacy windows xp :wink: I keep on life support for just these occasions will get it done; I'll email the drivers to myself then install on the macbook/microscope display. So, that works great except the drivers are for a different version of scope - one white in color - ; the photo and video functions did not operate. Before doing the email/file transfer thing I looked for drivers on Adafruit and of course I failed to see them :oops: so, I thought I would look one more time before plan B (hack other drivers), and of course, there they were, in front of my face.

Installed the new drivers from Adafruit, and I could not be happier! This scope is great. Tonight, as Sofia read, assembled, and coded Arduino Project 6 (the first one using the piezo), Devi could very easily follow assembly on the new wide screen :D . Sofia turned seven last month, and Devi four last March - they are so totally awesome.

So, I'd also like to give a huge hug and shout out to the amazing Limor, and all the clearly brilliants at Adafruit. You are enriching lives and "putting a dent in the universe".

edworld

Post by edworld »

I tried every USB port in my computer and MicroCapture's error is "No Device detected, please connect your Microscope directly to your USB port."

There are no drivers I can download from Adafruit's website and I cannot read the small CD format (macintosh pro).

So, I am at a crossroads. Do I keep trying or return it?

Please advise.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Just to check, are you using this item? http://www.adafruit.com/products/636

If so, I think we've seen issues with that one needing updated software for OS X. We have a link on the 'Downloads' tab, but here's a copy as well: http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/MicrocaptureV2.5.zip

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”