CC3000 - DEBUG hangs and other probs...

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pocketmoon

CC3000 - DEBUG hangs and other probs...

Post by pocketmoon »

Hi,

I'm trying to get my CC3000 to play well with another SPI device. I have a tr-state buffer workaround to allow MISO to float when the CC3000 is not selected and that got me past the other SPI device not working.

The code appears now to hang in cc3000.getHostByName and I think I've traced it as far down as SpiWriteDataSynchronous(). However I'm unsure because if I turn on debug (in debug.h) the arduino seems to hang, often mid print, even with the happy day demos that work fine without debug.

I can see a couple of other poster who had the same issue but no resolution. Is there a fix ?

Cheers

Rob

adafruit_support_rick

Re: CC3000 - DEBUG hangs and other probs...

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

DEBUG will definitely cause the library to hang. It's not intended for general use.
If the library works otherwise, but gets stuck in gethostbyname, then the problem is probably in your network somewhere - most likely your DNS configuration.

But what happens if you remove the other SPI device? Does gethostbyname still hang?

pocketmoon

Re: CC3000 - DEBUG hangs and other probs...

Post by pocketmoon »

Converted some of the debug to use SoftwareSerial and that now works but increases the code size too much. Still, a step forward in debugability!

Will work on a minimal test case...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”