battery for heading pad

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rcs

battery for heading pad

Post by rcs »

I'm looking for a 12V rechargeable battery to drive the 10cm X 5cm heating pad that you sell and was wondering if you carry it. I couldn't find something compact enough(ex: 4"X2"x1.5") for my application. I also need a charger for it. Could you point me in the right direction?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: battery for heading pad

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We do not have any 12v batteries or chargers. You can find these at Radio Shack, hobby shops or any of the on-line battery retailers.

rcs

Post by rcs »

This heating element is rated for 5-I2 V DC; I have a 14.5V 3800mAh rechargeable battery. Is it OK to drive it with this battery?

adafruit_support_bill

At that voltage the pad will be in danger of overheating. You could use that 14.5v battery to power two of the pads in series. That way, each pad would be getting about 7.25 volts, so they would both be operating at a safe level.

rcs

Post by rcs »

I realize the pad will get overheated, but could it damage it permanently? Can it handle it for say 15-30 mins?

adafruit_support_bill

We haven't tested it in those conditions. The resistive mesh is protected by a polyamide film. At some temperature, the adhesive for that will likely begin to degrade.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”