Cupcake not quite working

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rauls4

Cupcake not quite working

Post by rauls4 »

The system boots up and I see the rom list but the joystick doe not work (mostly) it will move on row down or up if you move it repeatedly.

Any clues?

pburgess

Re: Cupcake not quite working

Post by pburgess »

Have you sealed it up in the case yet, or are you still testing in 'exploded form' on your desk?

If the latter (hope so), can you post in-focus photos showing both the front and back of the interface circuit? I'll take a look. Sounds like an issue with the comparator, perhaps that column of three 10K resistors.

Do you have a multimeter, if it comes to that?

rauls4

Re: Cupcake not quite working

Post by rauls4 »

I have the dry run version. I had to make a couple of alterations because I had used bare jumpers in the insulated jumper part and was not able to re-use the breadboard holes filled with solder after I removed the bare jumpers. I was very careful to only move connections to spots that shared the connection with the same copper line on the back.

The first time I ran it the I just got a white screen, flipping the longer chip allowed the unit to boot, but with the mentioned problem.

(Sorry I messed up the link images, I will retake them today)

I have removed the speaker/line in cables here to try to simplify the setup a bit. It still boots and does the same thing. the buttons work and the joystick will move one line up or down after repeated random movement.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”