R02A RF Receiver circuit

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
waldorfian

R02A RF Receiver circuit

Post by waldorfian »

I'm trying to create a circuit that will allow me to press any of the four buttons on my remote to toggle a single LED light module on or off. I have success fully manage to breadboard a simple circuit to test it using four LEDs and resistors but it doesn't work if I wire up more than one pin from the RF receiver board to the series of LEDs. I don't want to use the VT pin for momentary on/off, I was hoping for a toggle effect. Does anyone have any ideas beside getting a single button remote?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: R02A RF Receiver circuit

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Have you looked at our 4-channel RF receiver?
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1097

waldorfian

Post by waldorfian »

That is the receiver that I have. My order description stated toggle type. I understand there are three types that look exactly the same. I bought the 4 button remote along with the receiver. I just want to be able to press any of the four buttons and get my LED light module to activate until I press any of the buttons again. That's why I assumed the toggle type would be best.

adafruit_support_rick

OK, so it's not working for you? Can you post a picture showing how you have it all hooked up?

waldorfian

Post by waldorfian »

RF circuit.JPG
RF circuit.JPG (120.26 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
I have 5V power supplied from an Arduino Uno (not shown). If I use any one pin corresponding to a button on the remote, it works. The problem comes when I wire up more than one pin to the LED series.

adafruit_support_rick

I don't think I understand what you're trying to do. You appear to have all four pins wired together? Why are you doing that?
How are you expecting this to operate?

waldorfian

Post by waldorfian »

As I wrote earlier, I want any of the remote buttons to trigger the LEDs. I don't just want momentary activation however. I can wire it to the VT pin and It works that way from any button on the remote. Maybe I misunderstood how it works. I guess, short of buying a single button remote, I can wire it to only one pin on the receiver board.

adafruit_support_rick

So, you want any of the four buttons to light all four LEDs, is that correct? In that case, why do you need four buttons?

Or, do you mean that you want each button to light a different LED?

The problem with the way you have it wired is that, if you turn on only one output, you are shorting it directly to the other three outputs, which are at ground level. The current will never flow to your LEDs. The only way to light your LEDs is if you have all four outputs turned on.

waldorfian

Post by waldorfian »

I will wire it up to one outport only. The four LEDs were just used to simulate the siren module that I have in my project already. I just wanted to add this RF receiver to the circuit and wanted to tested it out. Okay, thanks for your support.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”