Bluefruit EZ-Key pair LED remap

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
preusstang

Bluefruit EZ-Key pair LED remap

Post by preusstang »

Hello,

I just ordered the EZ-Key the other day (and am eagerly awaiting its arrival :D). However, I really do not like the flashing sequences for the pair LED (as seen by the .gif image in the pairing tutorial).

Because of this I am planning to make a single power LED which is visible on the outside of my game controller case and place a recessed pair LED on the back. I believe its difficult to distinguish some of the pair LED states but my decision is mainly due to the fact that in the connected state the light blinks instead of remaining solid and I feel it will be distracting. Also, its almost like you need to have a stopwatch to figure out what state it is in (discovered, connected, remapping?).

This leads me to 2 points:

1. I would like to suggest to the developers: maybe use a double-blink, wait, repeat for one of the states, or triple blink. I believe this would be much easier to distinguish.
2. I know in the tutorial it says not to connect to the 6 programming/test ports so I'm assuming this is a no but is it possible to reprogram the behavior of the LED?

Cheers!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Bluefruit EZ-Key pair LED remap

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

1) Thanks for the suggestion. I will refer it to the team.
2) The EZ-Key is not field re-programmable.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”