Motor shield V2 and servos

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
flounder

Motor shield V2 and servos

Post by flounder »

It is not at all clear what I need to do after I connect the servo to the shield. The learn.adafruit section refers me to the Arduino pages, which seem to deal with direct coupling of a servo to the PWM pins of the Arduino, and uses a library for which there is no download link. But it is not clear what good it would be if I downloaded it, since the V2 shield makes a point about having onboard PWM capability. But no information on how to access it.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Motor shield V2 and servos

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

From this page in the tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mot ... -rc-servos
The motor shield simply brings out the PWM output lines from Arduino pins 9 and 10 to two 3-pin headers so that its easy to plug in and go.
As far as a servo is concerned, the Motor Shield is nothing more than a fancy set of jumpers that put VCC and GND in a convenient spot relative to pins 9 and 10. Use the standard Servo library and call 'attach()' with the values 9 and 10 as arguments.

flounder

Re: Motor shield V2 and servos

Post by flounder »

Thank you. That solves my problem. I really try to RTFM, but I went over that tutorial three times and missed the part you cited. I worry sometimes about this being age-related.
joe

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”