MiFare Classic (13.56MHz RFID/NFC) Clear Keychain Fob

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ijwillie

MiFare Classic (13.56MHz RFID/NFC) Clear Keychain Fob

Post by ijwillie »

I use a Vingcard signature RFID/NFC lock. My program used to make the rfid key says that the key fob isn't mifare classic. Do they work with ISO 14.443A, ISO 14.443B and ISO 15.693 RFID Locks?

Also, I tried using NFC with my Windows 8 phone and it doesn't work. I tried all four that I purchased.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: MiFare Classic (13.56MHz RFID/NFC) Clear Keychain Fob

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The PN532 hardware can support type A and B cards, but our library only supports type A. It was one of the tradeoffs we had to make in order to leave room for code other than the NFC suite.

ijwillie

Post by ijwillie »

So do I need to do something to the key fob before it can be used? Do I have to buy the arduino to use the key fob or is there another way? Im new to the RFID/NFC technology.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The NFC keyfob here: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1482 is a MiFare Classic device.. a blank NXP S50 chip. If the system you're using to write information to the cards doesn't recognize them, there might be some kind of formatting problem.

Without knowing the details of the formatter I can't offer much useful information other than that. You might want to check with the vendor and see if they have any troubleshooting information.

danielcelotti

Post by danielcelotti »

Hi ijwillie,

It might be in part off-topic, but relevant. Did you manage to interface your Arduino with the Ving Card Signature mechanism?

Thanks in advance

ijwillie

Post by ijwillie »

I did not. The key fobs are collecting dust for now. There are a few ways I thought of using them but the rfid locks were my first option. Easier than pulling out plastic credit card style keys. Have you any ideas?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”