Bricked CC3000 shield!

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
smartrf

Re: Bricked CC3000 shield!

Post by smartrf »

Hi
thank you very much BANNED, your solution/suggestion to go back to earlier IDE tool version fixed my problem also.
It appears at the moment the issue is only in building the patch, since when i build the patch and update firmware using older version, that patch worked fine.
And now if if try to just build CC3000 apps using latest beta 1.5.7, that i need for other platforms that are not supported by the earlier IDE, those apps still work fine.
So apparently there is some difference in the output code created by the two gcc compiler versions that affects the patch installer. yet so far does not seem to affect any other applications I have been working on ...
In any case ... thanks again ... I actually thought of and attempted to go back to an earlier IDE, but it wanted me to uninstall my later release so I did not do it, since that was not previously mentioned as a possible issue. For this update i found another laptop and loaded the older version on their to do the patch. By the way i used the 1.0.6 version that i found on arduino.cc and that worked fine so did not have to go find 1.0.5.
And now the CC3000 works just fine and starts up every time without issue, so the issue is not power supply or wireing related, it is patch code related when built using 1.5.7 for sure.
The people on this board are great ... thanks

tonypascal

Post by tonypascal »

I totally agree, I had the same problem: the firmware update code stopped after the same line and arduino 1.6.1 could not make buildtest sketch works. I switch to arduino 1.0.6, I was able to update the firmware and connect to the board and to the network. Now, if I used arduino 1.6.1, it seems to work, but strangely enough, I cannot ping the server although it works with arduino 1.0.6 compiler.
Very weird indeed...
thank anyway for sharing the information, much appreciated.
Tonypascal

angelocarlotto

Post by angelocarlotto »

I made sure to sign up to give thanks for the tip on using the Arduino 1.0.5.

Just totaly worked for me

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”