Waveshield or VS1053 breakout?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jeansy

Waveshield or VS1053 breakout?

Post by jeansy »

Dear forum users,

I am building a project which requires that users can easily record sound files of any length and then play them back within the same sketch. I have looked at all the MP3 shields I can find and the drawback with them is that they are limited to the use of 2GB recording space on SDcard. Therefor I have turned my attention to the Waverp library and the VS1052 which will give me unlimited recording time. However, the stumbling blocks I have are that I have no idea if it is possible to use a line input instead of a mic as the waverp documentation doesn't give that option but I assume it's possible but just need someone with more knowledge than me. In competition with this is the VS1053 breakout board but after investigation on this forum it looks as though you have to reboot the sketch each time you record which will be no good for me and I'm not sure how well it supports the recording of multiple files of indeterminate length. Also is it possible to record and play with the same connections? One user suggested it is..but can anyone else confirm or deny this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Waveshield or VS1053 breakout?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please don't triple-post! Your original thread is here:
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 22#p298422

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”