Adafruit NFC/RFID mbed starter kit: Sample wring/code?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
falcon907

Adafruit NFC/RFID mbed starter kit: Sample wring/code?

Post by falcon907 »

I am looking at using the Adafruit NFC/RFID mbed starter kit with my daughter who is interested in RFID. The kit looks intriguing and the video by Collin using the kit is exactly what is wanted. However, I keep searching the site for the wiring directions and sample code that use the parts included in the Adafruit starter kit, but I am not finding anything.

There is one wiring example for the shield, but it requires a cell phone with NFC/RFID (which we don't have) and it doesn't make use of the display that comes with the starter kit.

Can anyone point me to the wiring and code that Collin showed in his video?
I really am looking for some sample wiring and code that takes advantage of the parts contained in the Adafruit NFC/RFI mbed starter kit?
I am likely looking in the wrong places, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Adafruit NFC/RFID mbed starter kit: Sample wring/code?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

falcon907

Post by falcon907 »

Thanks Rick for the response.
That link uses the RFID shield, the mBed, and a few of the wires that are included in the NFC/RFID starter kit. However, it doesn't use the display or the handful of other components from the starter kit (and it requires a phone with NFC/RFID capabilities: not included in the starter kit :) )
The collection of parts that the NFC/RFID starter kit includes, suggests that they were selected with a specific project(s) in mind. Similar to the way the Arduino "starter kits" include the parts needed to explore a specific set of introductory projects that teach and can be used to build upon.
Is it right to assume the Adafruit NFC/RFID mBed starter kit (product number 836) parts were selected with a project(s) in mind, and thus a "starter kit" as opposed to a useful collection of parts that might be attractive to a veteran user?
The only project that seems to be similar to the collection of parts in the Adafruit NFC/RFID mBed starter kit is the demo shown in Collin's NFC/RFID video. Which would be a great starter project if the wiring and code were made available (not so subtle hint :) ).

Thanks.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Hiya, thanks for your patience :) That kit
https://www.adafruit.com/product/836
does not have a project in mind - in fact it was designed by ARM/mbed and they requested those parts!
We don't have any tutorials for mbed stuff at this time, but we do know that mbed has tutorials for stuff like the NFC breakout, LEDs, LCDs etc.
All the tutorials we have right now are for Arduino - but we do have a bunch and they could be handy in 'porting' over to mbed

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”