Audio FX board not recognized

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
terrybd

Audio FX board not recognized

Post by terrybd »

I have received an AudioFX board, once I had soldered it, I plugged into into a USB cable. I am running Windows 7. On connecting the green light and the red light are both lit.

I have attached a picture of my poor, but functional soldering. I am certain I didn't screw this part up.

As for troubleshooting. I have;

- Verified that I am using a data cable
- Tried 4 different cables.
- Tried different USB ports on multiple hubs.
- Plugged directly into the computer (USB 3.0) to verify that poor hubs weren't to blame.
- Restarted the computer (hey, it's Windows!)

Anything else I can try? Is there a chance I screwed this board up in some way? Are there any more pictures that would make it helpful?
Attachments
AudioFx_Upload_1.jpg
AudioFx_Upload_1.jpg (99.7 KiB) Viewed 341 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Audio FX board not recognized

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Audio FX board

pineapple86

Post by pineapple86 »

I am having the exact same issue.. I am getting a green light from usb power, and I have tried all of the above troubleshooting methods (as well as using different computers) however the device does not appear on my Windows7 and it is unusable. Would it be possible to have mine replaced aswell

adafruit_support_rick

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Audio FX board

dholland223

Post by dholland223 »

I'm having exactly the same issue; no usb device recognized in windows after a restart, multiple ports, data cables, etc. No connection tone on pc or the FX board, have yet to see the red led; green is on solid. 16 mb with headphone jack.

adafruit_support_rick

Are you sure your USB cables support data? Some USB cables are power-only

dholland223

Post by dholland223 »

Yes, I tried two different data usb cables. I verified that I can transfer data to/from my phone's sd card.

adafruit_support_rick

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement

dholland223

Post by dholland223 »

I wound up resolving my particular problem: I had hard-wired a battery and charging backpack (both from Adafruit) to the board, and it had never been reset since it was first powered on. When I cut the trace supplied on the backpack (and left it overnight, as it happened) in order to install an on/off switch, a last ditch effort to program the board worked flawlessly (board was recognized, easily dropped in ogg files, renamed and played them; no issues with connection or playback with the battery & charger reconnected). I can now add some authentic Rick Astley stereo audio tracks to my Rick-Rolling photo album in time for christmas...don't tell my brother ;)
So my advice: if you have a connection problem, make sure the board has also had a chance to reset once or twice (disconnect power) along with the other troubleshooting steps the original poster mentioned (and a DATA capable usb cable).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”