3V Pro Trinket

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JimBob

3V Pro Trinket

Post by JimBob »

I asked this at [email protected], they directed me here.

The text of my email:
I just opened my package and ... I'm not sure what to make of what I see - please see the attached photo.
[img]
IMG_0313_markedup.jpg
IMG_0313_markedup.jpg (970.82 KiB) Viewed 278 times
[/img]
On the top board:
Along the top row of pins the "TX" pin has what appears to be solder and extra solder mask, also where the boxed 3V marking is up to the processor there is "solder splatter"
also, solder on pins A1, A3 and between A3 and A4

On the bottom board:
along the top row" both the BUS and 3V pins have solder and what appears to be burns (especially on BUS); also solder on both the "TX" and "RX" pins

Note I've since marked the picture - the thru-holes in question are boxed in red, the splatter in green.

I just noticed the solder mask on the top board seems much thinner..

Both boards seem to have been 'overheated' a bit on the back side of TX RX and GRN, nothing major.

I'm guessing this is just a manufacturing thing but thought I'd ask whether there's any cause for alarm just in case.

Franklin97355

Re: 3V Pro Trinket

Post by Franklin97355 »

I think you will be OK. The solder around the pin holes will not cause any problems and if you take a cotton swab and clean off the spatter it should come off easy. Sometimes the paste creeps a bit and when heated will spit when the flux evaporates. If they don't work or if you just want a replacement please email [email protected] with a link to this thread.

JimBob

Re: 3V Pro Trinket

Post by JimBob »

Thanks Franklin!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”