Pan-tilt assembly instructions

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dlakaplan

Pan-tilt assembly instructions

Post by dlakaplan »

Hi. I have an unassembled pan-tilt and 2 micro servos. I have tried to assemble it based on the available photos, but I can't quite get it to work right. I trimmed the servo horns but the attachment of the upper tilt mechanism to the lower servo is not very secure and has considerable slop.

Could you post more detailed assembly instructions or photos?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Pan-tilt assembly instructions

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

A tutorial for that is on my to-do list. But I don't have anything I can point you to now. If you can post a photo showing the problem you are having, I'll do my best to help out.

e024576

Post by e024576 »

i would also like to see some for Adafruit Kit #1968 instructions

Paul

projski

Post by projski »

I also would like to see some additional documentation (or at least some notes on the product page) about getting up and running with the pan-tilt.

My problem is that I have purchased the unassembled pan-tilt, plus one micro servo, with the idea that I was going to put a raspberry pi camera board on the face and allow it to pan horizontally (and later get another servo to control the vertical motion).

The problem I THINK (but I'm not 100% certain) is that the pan-tilt assembly requires TWO servos to properly assemble. Is that accurate?

Here's the servo that I purchased to go along with the unassembled pan-tilt:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/169

Do I need a second servo? And if so, which servo should I purchase?

Also, I received a Trinket 5V as a gift. Can I run the servo off of it? Or am I better off using my raspberry pi B+ ?
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1501? ... ts_id=1501

Thanks!
/mz

PS - Perhaps instead of 'assembly instructions' you could just add some notes or recommendations on the pan-tilt product page about what other products you need and how many are required to make the unassembled pan-tilt worth it?

adafruit_support_bill

The problem I THINK (but I'm not 100% certain) is that the pan-tilt assembly requires TWO servos to properly assemble. Is that accurate?
Yes. You need one for the pan action and one for the tilt.
Also, I received a Trinket 5V as a gift. Can I run the servo off of it? Or am I better off using my raspberry pi B+ ?
The Trinket can drive 2 servos. Here is a good example: https://learn.adafruit.com/3d-printed-bionic-eye

pthacker

Post by pthacker »

Any progress on even basic assembly instructions for the pan-tilt device. I haven't a clue on how to fit the bottom servo to the base assembly - which of the 15 screws, 2 gears, 2 nuts, and 4 plastic body parts are used. And the servo comes with additional parts. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by pthacker on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit_support_bill

You do need to do some trimming of the servo horns. There is a cross-shaped one that needs to be pared down to fit in the cross-shaped recess in the base. See the photos in this post: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... rn#p302534

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”