1.5" OLED breakout voltage?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
scswift

1.5" OLED breakout voltage?

Post by scswift »

Hello,

I couldn't find a schematic for your OLED breakout, but I was looking through the datasheets for the display and controller, and I noticed something that seemed odd.

The display datasheet states that the display requires 12.5 - 13.5V, with 13V being typical.
The controller datasheet states that it requires 10-18V, with 16V being typical.

I presume the controller sheet is the correct one, but the other thing that struck me as odd is that there doesn't appear to be a boost regulator on the breakout, yet you say it works with 3V3-5V input, and it obviously does.

I do see that in the controller datasheet it lists the absolute maximum specs for VCC as -0.5 to 19.0V. That's a bit unusual listing a minimum there, but I guess this means that it's fine to power the display from 3.3V? Did they simply specify the minimum in the other portion of the datasheet as 10V because below that it's not quite as bright? I guess I'm just supposed to interpret that section as the recommended operating conditions?

Anyway, if you have a schematic for this breakout you can make available, that would be great; I'm designing a board I want to plug it directly into and it would be nice to be able to make sure I've got everything hooked up right.

Franklin97355

Re: 1.5" OLED breakout voltage?

Post by Franklin97355 »

scswift

Re: 1.5" OLED breakout voltage?

Post by scswift »

It sure is. Thanks!

Hm... so it appears what I thought was a 3V3 regulator by the screen on their board is actually a 13V boost regulator. I didn't recognize the tiny part next to it as an inductor.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”