Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - no video output

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wcorvi

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - no video output

Post by wcorvi »

Hello, my Pi 2 arrived, but I can't get it to work properly. I put the computer into its case, inserted the SD card, plugged in a TV with RCA (I think properly; the same setup worked from my BANNED-player to the TV), and plugged in the power. The red power light came on in the PI, and the green activity light flashed a few times, but I got no video out.

I also tried an HDMI monitor, which works fine from my laptop, and again, same power up, but no video from the Pi.

The SD card seems to be correct; in Windows I can see the boot sector, intact. I haven't tried looking at the main operating system sector in LINUX. I can't tell if the Pi is not booting at all, or I am just not seeing any video output.

What should I do?

Thanks, Andy
Order Confirmation No: 776636-9910356688

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - no video output

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The A/V connection does not have the same pinout as many video player cables, so it's not necessarily surprising that it didn't work with your TV.
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off& ... DM2mXCR0zU

However, it is surprising that HDMI didn't work. Did you unplug the RCA cable and reboot the Pi before trying HDMI?

wcorvi

Post by wcorvi »

Yes. I have tried both methods several times. I figured what you say; expected HDMI to work. But no joy.

Thanks, Andy

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement R Pi 2.

wcorvi

Post by wcorvi »

Well, I figured I'd give it one more try, and this time, the video worked. I'll post again if I have any further problems.

Thanks for your help, Andy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”