CC3000, WPA2 PSK

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pjustice

CC3000, WPA2 PSK

Post by pjustice »

I'm trying to run buildtest on my just-arrived CC3000 shield. The device gets as far as attempting to connect to the AP, but seems to hang there:

Code: Select all

Hello, CC3000!

RX Buffer : 131 bytes
TX Buffer : 131 bytes
Free RAM: 6812

Initialising the CC3000 ...
Firmware V. : 1.24
MAC Address : 0x08 0x00 0x28 0x58 0xA1 0x0D
Networks found: 6
================================================

<handful of APs redacted>

================================================

Deleting old connection profiles

Attempting to connect to <myssidredacted>
I also tried smart config, but the shield never seems to see the transmissions from the android app.

I'm suspicious of the way the software handles the pre-shared key. This network has a 64-digit hexadecimal key, not a passphrase. The code seems to limit this value to 32 characters? Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Is this spec-legal configuration not supported?

Franklin97355

Re: CC3000, WPA2 PSK

Post by Franklin97355 »

You could try increasing the TXBUFFERSIZE to 64 or bigger and this referres to hex passwords but may also apply to passphrases but I'm not sure https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cc3 ... /faq#faq-1

pjustice

Post by pjustice »

Good thought. I bumped up both the transmit and receive buffers to 128, since there's some overhead when it sets the ssid/key.

I've tried the key as a string and as an array of hex values, both with and without a 0x00 byte at the end. (The key itself contains no 0x00.)

None of these things have made any difference in the behavior.

I also added the fourth (retry count) parameter to cc3000.connectToAP(). It does eventually print "Failed!".

For completeness, I should probably add that the SSID scan identifies the target network with an RSSI in the mid 70s, and a security mode of 3, and that I'm defining WLAN_SECURITY as WLAN_SEC_WPA2.

grosetep

Post by grosetep »

Hello,

I had the same problem for days, in my case, I changed the AP security settings from WEP -> WPA in my cable modem and after that the builtest was successful.
Of couse, I upgrade the firmware to 1.32 version too.

Regards.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”