Fona 800 Shield questions

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
makerbotspace

Fona 800 Shield questions

Post by makerbotspace »

Question(s) - I'm using the Fona 800 Shield with a UNO type Arduino and the touch screen, with the Arduin-o-Phone. After powering up I always have to reset the Arduino before the touchscreen will display. Is this normal? Also I cannot get Network Time to work with a Ting card installed?
Ref -
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=58002

This configuration gives a low Mem warning - can this work with the Leonardo because of the 2.5kb ram?

Ref -
https://www.adafruit.com/products/883

Next I'd like to replace the ISP socket on the touch screen with surface mount 2.54mm pitch pins. Does anyone know a part number for this?

I'm trying to expand on the code for Arduin-o-Phone I feel the memory limitation is a big issue at this point. I'd like to add a list of phone numbers to scroll through and re-assign some of the buttons. The IDE already says it could become unstable. So far I've just changed some colors and made basic changes, centering the display box & made a version to go to audio to the headphone jack.

I'll take help or advise in any of these areas.

Thank you

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Fona 800 Shield questions

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The forum post you linked to is all the information we have on enabling network time.

You can use the FONA shield with the Leonardo. However, you will have to jumper FONA TX to pin 8, 9, 10, or 11. On the Leonardo, SoftwareSerial can only receive on pins 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 (MISO), 15 (SCK), 16 (MOSI). MISO, SCK, and MOSI will be used by the TFT.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”