Solar Charger - still working or broken

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MrCurbsurfer

Solar Charger - still working or broken

Post by MrCurbsurfer »

Hi everybody,

all of a sudden, the DONE indication LED and the CHARGE LED on my solar charger (https://www.adafruit.com/product/390) are lit all the time, even when
no rechargeable battery is plugged in. As soon as I plug in the USB cable, all the LEDs light up and stay that way when I connect a battery.

Is it broken or does it still charge, with only the LEDs not working as the should?

Best Regards

Dom

Franklin97355

Re: Solar Charger - still working or broken

Post by Franklin97355 »

What is the output on the battery pins when you have it connected to a partially discharged battery?

MrCurbsurfer

Re: Solar Charger - still working or broken

Post by MrCurbsurfer »

Hi Franklin,

sorry for the late reply. I was just too busy with putting all the stuff together and soldering for the last days.
The charger is working fine after all. All the batteries I was working my test circuits with were fully charged, or almost fully charged. Since I have almost no experience
in electronics, I was expecting that the power was drained much faster from the batteries, even though I was only powering my build for a couple of seconds from time to time.

Today, one of them went out of power, my led strip went off. I plugged it to the charger, the green led didn't light up, only the yellow one. After ten minutes of charging, there was enough power to light the strip up again. So it's working fine =)

Best

Dom

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”