MAX31850 BOB request

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
boroko

MAX31850 BOB request

Post by boroko »

Hi,
Just a request if and when you spin another Break out Board for the MAX31850: I understand why you left the data connection at 3.3v (for use as a parasitic device), but it would be trivial to add one level shifting fet as an option for 5v. There are times when you just want to hook the darn thing up and not look for another BOB just to get it running. 1 FET and 2 resistors are pretty cheap, and a couple of solder jumpers would allow a lot more versatility. BOBs are intended for slap together tests and the added options without wiring in another level shifting board would be helpful. In case your wondering, I have do have one of your level shifter boards, it would just be nice not to have to spaghetti it in when you don't have to. Failing that, please at least provide the pads for us who would like that option. For that matter, it would be a sensible option on a lot of boards especially the 1-wire ones. I doubt it would kill your level shifter board sales. They are still appropriate for a lot of other uses.

Thanks for providing that board and all the others that you do. They are very helpful.
Mark

adafruit_support_rick

Re: MAX31850 BOB request

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it along to product development...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”