Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4

by WhoWantsSomeWaffles on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi there, I'm completely new to AVR's and microcontrollers and I've been trying to set up the software needed to program my ATMEGA328p with my new USBtinyISP.
I am having a difficult time using my USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4. I went through the tutorial listed here http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/stk500compat.html and made my way to the part where the USBtiny500 application should tell me that the status is ready. I ended up getting it working to where the application told me "Status: Ready" a few times, but now it's saying that it's failed and can not find the USBtiny.

How do I let it know that my USBtiny is connected? I have already installed the drivers correctly so I know that isn't the problem.

Before I had the "Cannot find USBtinyISP" error, the USBtiny500 application told me that the status was ready and so I moved on. When I opened up AVR Studio to select my programmer I clicked on the CON button on the toolbar. I chose AVRISP and COM2.

This, however, didn't work and the banner then read "Connect Failed".

This has all been a bit confusing to me and I would appreciated any help in fixing my problem. Just to refresh I have a USBtinyISP and would like to program my ATMEGA328p with AVR Studio 4. Thanks for your help :)

-David
WhoWantsSomeWaffles

Re: USBtinyISP with AVR Studio 4

by adafruit on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 pm

the avrstudio thing is a little hacky. try avrdude which works much better. also try selecting STK500.

adafruit

by WhoWantsSomeWaffles on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Alright, will do. Thanks :)
WhoWantsSomeWaffles

by even on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 pm

do you fix the problem?I also has one error "connected failed" with you
even