I received this yesterday and put it all together and now when trying to program a chip I'm having issues. Things that I know:
- I have it wired correctly
- The on-board power has 5V between the VCC and GND
- All Solder Joints appear to be good
- Using Windows 7 64bit
- Chip: ATmega328p
The issues (the same regardless of 10 pin or 6 pin)
- When connected using the on-board power i get the following:
avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check.
avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The system cannot find the file specified.
avrdude done. Thank you.
- When using battery power it detects the chip correctly and uploaded the program but I alway get verification issues
I have read many forum posts and it seems that I may have a bad unit (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26881&p=137853&hilit=verification+error#p137853).
Top of Board
Bottom of Board