Thanks, and a comment.

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SneakyNeko

Thanks, and a comment.

Post by SneakyNeko »

Hi, first off, thanks for the great AVR programmer. I've never used AVR's or PIC's before, but I've wanted to start for a while now so I recently bought a USBtinyISP (actually I bought it a little while ago, but PayPal delayed my order for a week while it got the money out of my bank account ~_~). The kit arrived this morning and I just finished putting it together (I've done a lot of soldering before, but this is my first time soldering with a PCB). Unfortunately my AVR's are still in the mail so I can't really test my programmer (or use it at all for that matter), but avrdude is able to communicate with it so it seems to work. I had a lot of fun putting it together so I'm considering getting some other kits (eventually I want to put together a Wave Bubble).

One thing I'd like to note tough, R7 and C2 seem a little too close to the Buffer Chip. I had to bend the leads on C2 to make it fit beside the chip, and the chip is pushed up a bit on one side because I soldered on R7 first. It seems to work fine, but just something to note for Rev. 3.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ok thanks. i will try to make a point of that in the instructions when i get back from vacation!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”