Problems with "make fuse flash"...

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Andi

Problems with "make fuse flash"...

Post by Andi »

Hi @all,

I have a problem with the upper command. When I type it in (while I'm in SPI directory) the process stops like this:

Code: Select all

(Fuse-programming ok...)

avr-gcc (...) crc.S
avr-gcc (...) int.S
avr-gcc (...) main.o main.c
avr-gcc -g -mmcu=attiny2313 -o main.elf crc.o int.o usb.o main.o
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), python ../usbtiny/../util/check.py main.elf 32 2048 128, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
make: *** (main.hex) Error 2
The error message means, that the file could not be found. Which file? What went wrong?

I installed WinAVR2007 and, as it didn't work, WinAVR2005 - same problem with both versions...

Do you know how to handle this problem?

Best regards,
Andi

Andi

Solved? Partly yes, partly no...

Post by Andi »

OK, it wasn't that difficult... PYTHON was missing! I installed it, then it worked. Nearly...

Flash size limit exceeded by 6 bytes.
:-(

So I wanted to flash the precompiled hex file (via STK-200). Everything went ok, as avrdude said. But when I plugged the USB cable in, nothing happened. No LED...

The facts are:
  • - I routed the board on my own.
  • - I did that with EAGLE.
  • - I controlled the board - everything ok according schematic.
  • - I controlled the parts - everything ok, especially the clock (12MHz)
  • - I wrote a short C programm simply turning on the green LED, doing nothing else - I flashed it and it worked. So the system clock should be available and ATtiny2313 is working fine.
  • - I flashed the precompiled hex file - Windows says that an USB device was not identified, avrdude on my Mac says that the USB device 0x1781/0xc9f cannot be found.
Any ideas? Did I do everything right about flashing the chip? Well, in fact I programmed the fuses with the values represented in the makefile and after that I flashed main.hex as it comes with the archive on the download section. Is there anything I forgot to think about?

Best regards,
Andi

Andi

Post by Andi »

OK, perhaps this was a but too much of information. So the real question might have gone lost...

Should it be OK to set the fuses and then flash the precompiled spi/main.hex from the ZIP file into the ATtiny2313? Nothing else? These two operations worked, but USBtiny doesn't... I just want to border the failure!

Thanks for any kind of reply ;)
Andi

Andi

Post by Andi »

Hmm... While searching for the failure the green LED suddenly turned on. I don't know why, but it did - after the device was connected for minutes! Windows recognized that something was connected and I installed the driver. AVRDUDE did not find the chip, but that is probably a libusb problem.

However, I could not get into that state again. When I unplugged the USB device and plugged it in again, the green LED didn't turn on. Windows said that it could not identify the device and thats it... :?

Actually, I don't know how to determine the failure, but I will keep on searching. Finally, it is no programming problem. That seems to have worked out fine. :)

Andi

simön

Post by simön »

I also have problems with flashing my ATtiny2313 with the original (!) AVR-stk-board. I do not know what i am dooing wrong. i also flashed the 'ZIP-File'/spi/main.hex and plugged my self-solderd USBtinyISP-Board on to Windows, but nothing happend... Only the Message: "Unknown USB-Device"...

But I opened all the other files in the /spi-folder and it looks like a complete other project. Am I right? Looks like USB to Parallel-Converter ;-)

please help us!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”