Gemma upload problem

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cdstudio

Gemma upload problem

Post by cdstudio »

I posted this in Wearables but have received zero responses so far, so I am trying it here

Gemma upload problem

Postby cdstudio » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm
Hi there. I have read most of the posts on this forum and online, have asked my programmer friend and I just can't find the solution. Here is my exact situation: I have downloaded the program adafruit IDE for windows so that I can upload a program to Gemma. It is the file that is about 250 MB and has the drivers, example codes, arduino sketch, etc. I have managed to get the driver working, but when I upload the particular code into the arduino sketch(I think from the tiara project) I am getting the usbdev_open():did not find any USB device "usb". Like I said, the verify process went through and the driver shows to be working. I have tried 2 different cables, resetting the gemma, switching back and forth between programmers as some people have suggested, nothing works. This is VERY frustrating. What do I do? I even switched with another gemma, so I am sure the gemma is just fine. I am using Vista, am trying to send the program directly into the gemma, not an arduino.

Thank You,
Cynthia

cdstudio

stanford_powers

Re: Gemma upload problem

Post by stanford_powers »

I'm having a similar problem, Cynthia, except with Flora. I used Arduino 1.0.5 from the Adafruit site, and just to make sure, I confirmed that all was well by reviewing the instructions at http://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-g ... rduino-ide

I can see that the Flora is located on COM3, and that is selected in the IDE. I have plugged it into different USB ports and even tried different cables. I press the reset button before uploading. All to no avail.

Windows 7, freshly re-imaged.

Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Baxter.

AnneBarela
Learn User Page

Re: Gemma upload problem

Post by AnneBarela »

Flora and gemma use very different programming methods. I suggest keeping threads on them separate to avoid confusion.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”