USBtinyISP doc nitpick

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
trey

USBtinyISP doc nitpick

Post by trey »

This is my 3rd kit and the documentation is great. I really like the web based documentation rather than paper. I put my laptop in front of my soldering iron and smoke away.

2 comments about the USB make instructions (http://ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/solder.html)

1. On the resistor step where it says 'remaining 5 resistors', that should be remaining 6 resistors I think.

2. On the install of the 47 Ohm resistor step, it would be nice if the text had the color code of the resistor (for those who lack mental capacity for memorizing resistor color codes). I know you can use the picture, but the text in addition to the picture would really build my confidence. Just to make sure, I went back to the parts list just to make 100 percent sure.

Another suggestion would be to make all of those R1 labels or the Ohm values themselves links to color codes plus resistor pix.

My preference is to embedded it all in the instructions: R1, 47 Ohm, yellow-purple-black-gold

koolkat

Re: USBtinyISP doc nitpick

Post by koolkat »

Trey wrote:
2. On the install of the 47 Ohm resistor step, it would be nice if the text had the color code of the resistor (for those who lack mental capacity for memorizing resistor color codes).
why not just use a multimeter to check the values of resistors?

I dont even remember the colors...i just use my multimeter to tell me the size

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”