JP3 and power question

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
heiland

JP3 and power question

Post by heiland »

Hello,
I would like to use my USBtinyISP to power my board (ATMega16A). When my JP3 jumper is left open, my PC shows the "USBtiny" in "libusb-win32 devices" in my Device Manager (after installing the driver) and the green light is on. However, when I close the JP3 jumper - I needed to close it to power the board (right?), the green light turns off and the "libusb-win32/USBtiny" disappears from the Device Manager. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks!!

heiland

Re: JP3 and power question

Post by heiland »

Let my modify my question, after making a change. I have USB jacks in both the front and back of my desktop PC. Earlier, I had my USB keyboard in the front and also tried to plug in the USBtinyISP into the front - that's when I got the problem described earlier. However, now I moved my keyboard USB to the back and *only* plug my USBtinyISP into the front. Now I can successfully close the JP3 jumper and get the green light to turn on when I plug in the USB. However, when I plug the 10-pin into my board, the green light turns off and the USBtiny disappears from the Device Manager. Still confused...

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post clear, detailed pictures of both sides of your board showing any soldering you have done and the connections to it?

heiland

Post by heiland »

photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (350.55 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (378.87 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (387.9 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

heiland

Post by heiland »

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (185.57 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”