Windows 8 Trinket

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
awoods460

Windows 8 Trinket

Post by awoods460 »

I can not get windows 8 to install the driver. I have windows 7 at work and the trinket works just fine on it, but at home on my windows 8 machine the driver will not install. On my windows 7 machine in device manager I right clicked the USB that reads "Unknown USB Device" then selected "Upload Driver", and choose "Browse my computer for driver software", next I select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer," I pressed the "have disk" button, and select the USBtiny.inf, pressed open. That was the driver I installed. On my windows 8 machine I get this message "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems." Both my 7 and 8 machines are 64. Can someone help please, this is really upsetting me?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Windows 8 Trinket

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Download the Win8 driver from here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/usbtinyisp/drivers#

install it from Device Manager - Find the trinket (probably under 'Other'). Right click to select Update Driver, then go through the wizard to browse to the driver folder (be sure to unzip the folder!)

awoods460

Post by awoods460 »

For some reason, the device manager is not seeing my trinket. I bought 3 trinkets, and try all 3. Is there something I need to do before plugging the trinket into my computer. They work on my windows 7 machine, so the USB cable should not be the issue.

awoods460

Post by awoods460 »

I think there is something wrong with my computer, everything works on my daughter's windows 8 machine. Sorry for the bother.

adafruit_support_rick

NP. We've seen things like this before with Win8 machines. It's not a Lenovo laptop, is it?

awoods460

Post by awoods460 »

No it's a HP. I got it to work on my daughter's lenovo. Any suggestions?

adafruit_support_rick

None. Sorry.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”