Gemma v2 Unknown USB Device

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RayZorg

Gemma v2 Unknown USB Device

Post by RayZorg »

Hi,

Yesterday I received my Gemma v2's, two of them. The first time I connected them they both worked normally. After uploading the strandtest example to them however, one of them started to have connection issues.

The issue is as following:
Whenever I connect the Gemma v2 to my computer with an USB cable, a message is displayed stating "USB device not recognized". This message keeps popping up about each second. In the device manager, as long as the device is connected, it is grayed out as a disconnected device causing a refresh every second. It almost appears as if it keeps connecting and disconnecting:
Gemma001.png
Gemma001.png (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
If I press and hold the reset button, the device will not gray out but appears with a yellow warning symbol:
Gemma002.png
Gemma002.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
Here's some of the stuff I tried:
- Another USB cable
- Another USB port
- Uninstalling and manually reinstalling the driver.
- Installing the unsigned driver trick from this forum (replacing "USBTiny" with "Trinket" and removing the .cat file). When I try this through the device manager (right click the "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" --> Update Driver Software, then point it to the changed USBTiny.inf. This results in a message that the driver is not recognized as a proper x64 driver. Apparently Windows considers the x86 device to be an x64 device.
Gemma003.png
Gemma003.png (5.2 KiB) Viewed 1045 times

System used:
System: Dell Precision T1600 running on Intel Xeon E31245 (3.30 Ghz)
Adruino version: Arduino 1.6.3

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Gemma v2 Unknown USB Device

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Gemma

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”