GEMMA Unknown USB Device issue

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
quinnjr

GEMMA Unknown USB Device issue

Post by quinnjr »

Hi, I received the GEMMA V2 today, order #759032-8679605414, Order date, April 10, 2015.
I tried to connect it to my computer, a HP Win 8.1, AMD A8, non touchscreen and have not been successful in getting it going.
When I connect the GEMMA to the USB PORT I get a message box in lower right corner - "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". I don't remember what it reported the first time I tried.
I then looked at the device manager and under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers the entry is "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor failed), marked with a yellow marker. The general tab for the device is as follows:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.
Continuing - I press the reset button - then under "Other Devices" a device named "Trinket" appears with a yellow marker. I then try to update the software driver and it tries to install the driver and fails as follows:
The problem description includes information about a USBTiny" and 3rd party digital signature information , then the previously mentioned Unknown USB Device condition returns.
I handled the device carefully and installed the IDE per the instructions a couple of times. Is there something else to try?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: GEMMA Unknown USB Device issue

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Can you try a different USB cable? If it still doesn't work, Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Gemma

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”