Complete newbie... setup problems

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mmcd

Complete newbie... setup problems

Post by mmcd »

Hi everyone, Just got my Adafruit starter pack and am excited to start learning about the Arduino.. just to bring anyone interested in helping with my problem up to speed...
I followed the windows install instructions with my Duemilanove plugged in and installed the drivers all went well...Yay!. opened the workspace and pointed it to the correct board, and com port... Followed the lesson plan in Ladyada's tutorial "Let there be blink" Loaded the blink sketch from the library... ran verify/compile... and got this below.... As i said in this posts Subject... these are my first tentative steps into this world programmable hardware.. So be kind... but please help i have no idea what is happening!..

Many thanks in advance for your assistance...

M.

C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\1' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\1' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\36' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\36' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\34' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\377' in program
C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware\cores\arduino\._pins_arduino.c:1: error: stray '\377' in program
Couldn't determine program size: C:\Documents and Settings\mmcdonald\Desktop\arduino-0016\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-size: 'C:\DOCUME~1\MMCDON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build9473.tmp\Blink.hex': No such file

mmcd

Re: Complete newbie... setup problems

Post by mmcd »

Gave up on the PC.... installed it on my Mac Book pro... Everything works just fine

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

try reinstalling arduino. i dunno why but it looks like something was corrupted in in the install (?)

mmcd

Post by mmcd »

Hi Ladyada... thanks for your quick reply I may try re-installing it on the PC at a later date, right now I'm having fun playing around with your lesson plan on my Mac... :D

didier

Post by didier »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”