Directory Errors

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
singhm29

Directory Errors

Post by singhm29 »

I have been trying to get my DS1307 RTC breakout board to run the test code supplied by the tutorial on this site to no avail.
( http://www.ladyada.net/learn/breakoutpl ... 07rtc.html )
After downloading the required library I put them in
C:\Users\Manmeer\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib (hmm should libraries be a capital L?)
-in this folder I have DS1307.cpp and DS1307.h

like it states
"For the RTC library, we'll be using a fork of JeeLab's excellent RTC library RTClib - a library for getting and setting time from a DS1307 (originally written by JeeLab, our version is slightly different so please only use ours to make sure its compatible!) - download the .zip by clicking on Download Source (top right) and rename the uncompressed folder RTClib Then install it in your Arduino directory in a folder called RTClib"

& in the sketch
#include <Wire.h>
#include "RTClib.h"

Doing this throws me the error that
C:\Users\Manmeer\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\DS1307.cpp:6:20: error: RTClib.h: No such file or directory

Which ok fine maybe there was a typo on the tutorial ill rename the header file to RTClib instead of DS1307 along with the cpp file only to get this error:
testing.cpp:4:20: error: DS1307.h: No such file or directory
-testing is the name of the sketch which is located at
C:\Users\Manmeer\Documents\Arduino\Components\DS1307
-i made the components folder and DS1307

WHY?! WHY am I getting these errors? Why is arduino giving me the run around =(

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Directory Errors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Are you sure you got the files from the link on the project page? https://github.com/adafruit/RTClib
I just checked it and the two files in the library are named RTCLib.cpp and RTCLib.h.

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

since arduino-0017 libraries should be installed in your sketchbook.

theenggprojects

Post by theenggprojects »

Hi,

You should have a look at these Arduino Projects. In this list they have given a Project on DS1307 in which they have interfaced Arduino with RTC and have designed a digital Clock.

Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”