ARDX 1.3 - Missing Part + Mod

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zelthian

ARDX 1.3 - Missing Part + Mod

Post by zelthian »

I just received a big order from Adafruit (Hakko Solder Station, tools, 2 Minty Boost, Arduino Starter and Experimenter's kits). I'm so excited to get started. I'll be doing the projects with my daughter who is very interested in technology and electronics.

My Experimenter's kit came with 2 screws and 4 nuts, putting me in a bit of a quandary. I found another screw and nut that would fit the holes, but it was longer than the other screws. No biggie: I used another nut for a spacer, added a lock washer, and that made the length about the same on the back end of the holder. I put some little rubber feet I had on the holder to keep it stable on the table, but the screw ends coming out of the nuts were taller than the feet. Then I remembered the rubber feet that Adafruit puts in to every Aduino box/kit! I unscrewed the Arduino, put on the feet and screwed it back on. The added space was JUST enough tuck the screw ends into the nuts, allowing the holder rubber feet to do their job.

I haven't even started the experiments or even bent a single component lead or taken the rubber bands off the jumper wires, and I'm already modding the kit. That's how it starts, isn't it? This is how people get hooked on this stuff... :lol: 8)

zelthian

Re: ARDX 1.3 - Missing Part + Mod

Post by zelthian »

Here are a couple of pictures showing the mods.
Attachments
Screw I adjusted to replace the missing screw
Screw I adjusted to replace the missing screw
ScrewMod.jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Rubber Feet for the Holder and Arduino
Rubber Feet for the Holder and Arduino
RubberFeet.jpg (32.06 KiB) Viewed 1738 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”