Arduino Uno - Device Not Recognized

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino Uno - Device Not Recognized

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

My main problem is that Arduino Micro does not appear ANYWHERE in the device manager.
If it were a driver problem, it should at least show up as an unknown device.
the light is pulsing at first and then flashing 3 blinks in a row and then a pause. blink-blink-blink-largedelay-blink-blink-blink
So the 32U4 processor is running the bootloader. Since it also implements the USB communication, it should be visible as a device. Try a different cable and/or USB port.

amazonforce20

Post by amazonforce20 »

Bill,

Thank you so much. That was exactly my problem. I was attempting to communicate with a "charge only" usb cable. I used a different usb cable and it worked perfectly.

Sorry for such a newbie question. I was freaking out for a second there. I'm a ME major trying to learn some electronics controls. Wish me luck!

Thanks again!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Have you tried a different USB cable? Also, if you have a self-powered hub, try attaching through that. If it still doesn't show up, we can replace the Micro. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange a replacement Micro.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”