Com Port Driver Issue

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Caseymc

Com Port Driver Issue

Post by Caseymc »

"Device Driver Software Not Installed"

I am Running Windows 7 sp1 64Bit on My workstation
I have An Arduino Uno From the Starter Kit

I was trying to follow the tutorial in LadyAda’s Lesson 0, the best I could but I think the screens were for vista or XP. So I adapted the best I could.

I Have Downloaded the VCP x64 driver(2.08.14) from the FTDIChip site and have it extracted into a folder on the workstation

The “Arduino Uno” is showing up under “Other Devices” in device manager but has the the exclamation point. If I right click on the item and select “Update Driver Software” using the folder with the VCP Drivers, I get the error message “Windows was unable to install your Arduino Uno”

I see in other Posts that There should be an Arduino entry under the Ports section of device manager, but I don’t have anything there.

The Uno itself seems to be powering up, as the green light is solid and amber (L) is blinking approximately once per second.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Com Port Driver Issue

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Arduino UNO driver is part of the Arduino IDE install. When you "Update Driver Software", choose the "browse my computer" option.
Navigate to the "Drivers" folder inside the Arduino install folder and select "ArduinoUNO.inf".

Caseymc

Re: Com Port Driver Issue

Post by Caseymc »

Thanks, You guys rock!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”