Experimenter's Guide Book RGB Schematic Error

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
modeller

Experimenter's Guide Book RGB Schematic Error

Post by modeller »

On page 30, it shows the RGB LED common pin connected to +5V, yet the schematic symbol indicates it's common cathode. Being careful, I set it up and verified the one supplied is common anode. The schematic symbol in the experimenter's book is wrong, which will confuse people who are paying attention. :)

In the book, the schematic symbol is the one on the left, yet it calls for this pin to be connected to +5V. You should use the symbol on the right.

adafruit

Re: Experimenter's Guide Book RGB Schematic Error

Post by adafruit »

modeller wrote:On page 30, it shows the RGB LED common pin connected to +5V, yet the schematic symbol indicates it's common cathode. Being careful, I set it up and verified the one supplied is common anode. The schematic symbol in the experimenter's book is wrong, which will confuse people who are paying attention. :)

In the book, the schematic symbol is the one on the left, yet it calls for this pin to be connected to +5V. You should use the symbol on the right.

hiya,

which book are you referring to?

thanks,
adafruit support

modeller

Post by modeller »

adafruit wrote: hiya,

which book are you referring to?

thanks,
adafruit support
The book that comes with the kit below -

Adafruit ARDX - v1.3 Experimentation Kit for Arduino (Uno R3) - v1.3

http://www.adafruit.com/products/170

modeller

Post by modeller »

Please find attached the scanned page from the printed manual that came with the kit. As you can see, the schematic symbol for the LED is incorrect for the part that was supplied in my kit at least. Because there is no way to know if the symbol is wrong, or the suggested voltage, you have to make sure yourself what the error was.
Attachments
kit_error.jpg
kit_error.jpg (55.24 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

modeller wrote:Please find attached the scanned page from the printed manual that came with the kit. As you can see, the schematic symbol for the LED is incorrect for the part that was supplied in my kit at least. Because there is no way to know if the symbol is wrong, or the suggested voltage, you have to make sure yourself what the error was.
thanks! we'll let the author know (http://oomlout.com/a/products/ardx/).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”